Artynoons are relaxed open studio sessions scheduled to bring some artful play into your after school routine.
Where do ideas come from? How do you get them? Whether you think you are pretty creative or feel like you are not quite there yet, being creative and finding new ideas is something you can practice, and something even famous artists practice every day.
Artynooners will have a go at challenges and activities which develop and enable their practice of creative habits of the mind, based on research by Creativity, Culture and Education.
Artynoons is on each term from Week 2 to Week 9 every Thursday from 3.45pm - 4.45pm in Leederville WA.
4 session pass: $80 (to be used within the term purchased)
Full term pass (8 sessions, week 2 - week 9): $160
Drop-in: $22 per session
We highly encourage you purchase a 4 session or 8 session pass as projects will run for at least 2 weeks, and places are limited.
Creative habits of mind
Creativity, Culture and Education has identified 5 ‘habits of mind’ as indicators of creativity [1.]:
1. Inquisitive: wondering and questioning; exploring and investigating; challenging assumptions.
2. Persistent: tolerating uncertainty; sticking with difficulty; daring to be different.
3. Imaginative: playing with possibilities; making connections; using intuition.
4. Disciplined: crafting and improving; developing techniques; reflecting critically.
5. Collaborative: cooperating appropriately; giving and receiving feedback; sharing the creative ‘product’.
Join us in our relaxed studio space and get your creative juices flowing and relax after a long day at school!